What is mini tennis?
- Mini tennis is a child- friendly version of the game or sport of lawn tennis. It is played on a smaller court using a smaller net and smaller rackets as well as lighter balls.
- Playing tennis enables children to develop strong physical, mental and social skills from an early age.
- All the teaching techniques and equipment are designed for the appropriate age groups; 4-8,8 and 9 and 10-14 years of age.
- Mini Red Tennis is for players aged 8 and under. It is played on small courts with smaller rackets and soft balls. Just like the real game of tennis, it gives players opportunity to have long rallies and play all the amazing shots.
- Mini Orange Tennis is for players aged 8 and 9. An orange ball which is 50% slower than a normal tennis ball is used. This gives players better control at this important stage of their development.
- Mini Green Tennis is for players aged 9 and 10. A green ball which is 25% slower than a normal tennis ball is used. By this stage players would have developed the skills and physical depth to play short matches on full-size courts.